Flocking is used in a wide array of Medical Products. The products are designed for comfort and application.
Some areas where flock is used:
- Flocking on PVC or Urethane films to provide comfort on inflatable products such as casts, mattresses, blood pressure cuffs. Flock provides a soft textile surface against the skin and breathability reducing the build up of moisture. These products can also be thermoformed.
- Swabs, filtration, forensics – flock picks up and hold liquid while reducing the discomfort of the patient.
- Flock pad for incubation tubes allowing for comfort and moisture management, reducing ulcers and macerations.
- Anti-Slip between motion beds and the mattress. Flock has a high surface area and is interlocked to reduce slippage. Unlike hook and loop systems, flock provides no resistance in the z axis, allowing staff to easily move patients with the mattress.
- Medical Gowns for anti-slip making it easier to tie the gowns.
We also have the capabilities to provide barrier coatings, anti-microbial products, anti-viral products, and other added value features to our flocked products or without flock.
We commission flock on many materials and look forward to discussing your materials and products.